Wednesday, April 2, 2008

a sad moment for me

"Oh look at the your little girl! How cute is she.", "Your little girl is so cute.", "How nice, you have a boy and a girl."

WHAT!!! is what I'm thinking.

That is what we heard all night when we were at Disneyland the other night. Landon swear that we were going to cut it that night. And for the record he was wearing boy clothes that were boy colors.

Then at the grocery store today a gentlemen commented how cute my girl was.
HE IS A BOY!!!

So we cut his tonight. I'm sooo sad. But it needed to get done. Really, I could have done pigtails with his hair. But above all, he still did not look like a girl.



Some eighties look going on. My brother Ryan had that look in Jr. High and he totally thought he looked cool. Yeah, we just laugh whenever we look at that picture. But he was a pretty cool guy though and still is.


Ok so it's not that bad. (actually he is still so cute) I'm still so sad. There is one thing I would love to learn while I'm mom, that is to cut my boys hair. My mom, sister, and sister-n-law all can cut hair. Some how I didn't inherit that particular talent. But do I realize that, NO! I still try every time my boys need a haircut. And what happens every time I do it: Aunt Krista fixes it. So Krista if you are reading can you fix his hair next time your in town, I would really appreciate it.

Over all I tried to be nice whenever someone called him a girl. However, if someone does it again with his hair short I don't think I would be as nice. I'm already sad as it is. He no longer has that baby face. It's all toddler. That I'm not ready for.

6 comments:

Joanna said...

I'm going through that delema with Hudson right now. I am so nervous about getting it cut, but he's already been called a girl a few times. I'm sad that at 3 1/2 months I'm gonna have to chop it.

A new Flight Attendant, said...

People can be very dumb, lol. He looks so cute with short hair, I love it! And, I hate to break it to you, but he looked old even with longer hair. If only they could stay babies forever.

Baker Family said...

He looks more like Wyatt with his hair short. They are such cute kids. We need to get our kids together. When do you think that will happen? I am temped to come down there this summer to see you and Aunt Jann and Grandma. We miss you guys!
~Melisa

aprilaleman said...

I love buzz cuts on lil' boys. I think it is the cutest thing, it makes them look so handsome.

A new Flight Attendant, said...

Oh I take it back! He looks so old in the pic of Shane at the top left of your blog!! Your boys are so cute!

Laura said...

I totally understand your sadness. I love long hair on little boys although he does look cute with his new haircut. Just keep cutting their hair. It just takes practice. You are lucky that you have someone to fix it. Grant just gets stuck with dorky looking hair.

PS We are interested in getting a family picture done sometime this summer at the beach. What are your prices? If you want to e-mail me with info my address is lauralew82@gmail.com