Thursday, April 17, 2008

a sad little story

I have a little sad story to tell. Landon and I have been really crushed about this. And some how I am able to laugh and cry (not really, but like I said, I'm really sad). Yesterday the trees in back of our house were trimmed. They are HUGE pine trees that bug me so much. If there is just a tiny breeze in the air, my backyard gets covered with pine needles.(So you can imagine what happens when we have Santa Anas). I would go and complain to the city a lot. So one day out of the blue I come home from walking to Home Depot to get some steaks for my tomato plant and this is what I found.

DSC_0226
They have trimmed the trees and just let the branchs fall on to the garden. I wonder what the guy up in the tree was thinking "Bamb, got that plant, Bullseye, Hit that one. Man I'm good at hitting these plants." The guy is right above my garden and saw exactly what he was doing....smashing my plants. This is the saddest sight. So above is my early girl tomato, below is my sunflowers, green beans and my purple and red bell peppers.

DSC_0221

This here is my cherry tomato.
DSC_0225

Doesn't this look so sad? My poor little garden.

DSC_0227
And this is what it looked like with the some of the branches pulled off. I had to pull them off so I could take the pictures.
DSC_0231 pop burn

On a lighter note, Shane just loved licking the cookie dough on the mixer. So here are some shots (from my point and shot) of our little weekend of just us two. On Friday we headed to Disneyland (we have passes so it was kind of free for us, so why not go?) For the first time I was able to go and eat at the Blue Bayou, and ........well I did it, and will I do it again........maybe when I'm older. It was kind of cool to say that we did it. Other then that, my taste buds have had better.

SV401212
Then on Saturday we went horseback riding. Landon and I have this dream that when we buy a house it's going to be on open land and we'll have horses and a huge area for my garden. Well we will most likely not be getting that living here in California, but it was nice to dream that this past weekend. But after riding for two n half hours (which is way too long if you have never rode horses) I have come to the conclusion that I will let Landon do all the riding. I really enjoyed riding, but my horse Cowboy just wanted to trot. So come Saturday night I could not walk. I couldn't even go to church on Sunday. I was in sooo much pain. I couldn't sit, stand, walk, or lay down without being in so much pain. But all in all it was a wonderful weekend without the kids.

SV401220


I'm sure the people at the stables just got a good laugh at us. I had the dress up cowboy boots on and we both had cowboy hats from target. We are such wannabes, but it was fun!!!

3 comments:

A new Flight Attendant, said...

I can't believe that we were just looking at your beautiful garden and compaliing about those darn trees! I would call the city to complain! I don't know what they would do, but they should feel bad! Shane looks so old! Make him a baby again.

Heidi said...

so sad about your garden. we still aren't sure when this snow is done, so I still dont have a garden.

and horse back riding... Im so jealous. I havent done that since Jr. high with Jenn (Stowell) Pederson. She used to have a horses. SO FUN!

aprilaleman said...

That is sad. What a chump!

For horses however, you should join Krista and us out in Perris, there are huge horse properties all over out here. :)