Thursday, March 27, 2008

my little green garden

My garden is growing. I only planted it about 2 1/2 weeks ago and I am surprised of how fast they are growing. I love this time of year,....Spring. I love walking into Home Depot and seeing all the plants lined in a row and calling out to me to take them home and plant them. If I had the money I would probably buy one of everything. I don't think you could see in the picture, but I have my first little yellow bell pepper growing. Here my brussels sprouts are growing so well. These are my green beans that I just cannot wait to eat. We eat them like french fries (minus the frying).And this little lady is growing so well. She's my grape tomato. Everyday I am surprised to see how much see is growing......I am a proud mom of her.
And this is the whole garden in one picture. I couldn't go and take pictures of the garden without taking pictures of the boys. So here is #2, don't you just want to eat him up?

Meet our Mr. Firefighter. It was a gift when Landon graduated from the Fire Academy some four years ago. He has been in our front walk way for the past couple of years. However, the boys just love putting dirt into it. It gets all clogged up with dirt and just stops working. So the other day I decided to take it out and put it in the backyard were (in future) there will no longer be dirt. Let me just say that Landon will have the job of cleaning that fountain. It was an all day process that I do not want to do again. And of course the boys are loving it in the backyard as much as they did in the front yard.
Shane going down the slide

And Shane at the bottom of the slide. And what does mom do.....take the pictures. I did comfort him afterwards.


3 comments:

Shannon said...

Beautiful garden you have there. How fun to grow stuff and have it really live! You're gonna have the best salads on the block.

Heidi said...

OH so jealous of your lovely garden... I really want to start, but Im not sure when this snow is done... AAHH!!

Dana & Genni Bain said...

Looks Good! Are you ready for some crisp greens? :)

hey by the way I tag you!