Monday, March 10, 2008

our little garden

This weekend was such a beautiful weekend. (I meant that in terms of the weather, I was way too busy to consider it the other way). Since it was so nice Landon and I decided to plant our garden. At first I thought I we would plant a few things here and a few things there. Well we planted things EVERYWHERE! (ooh a little Dr. Seuss) Landon and I got a little too excited about things growing inside Home Depot and we have the whole back side of our yard full of seeds soon to be plants. Which I am happy about. I love to have a garden. There is something about having a garden and getting your vegetables from your backyard instead of the store. Oh how the taste is something else. How a home grown tomato melts in your mouth, I love it!!!


So here are my beautiful little girls standing in a row waiting to be planted. Here we have a jalapeno pepper, sweet banana pepper, sweet purple pepper, green bell pepper, a red and yellow bell pepper. Six different peppers. Yes we like it hot (you can take that which ever way you want)

Included with the peppers we have sweet basil, rosemary and cilantro. We have three rows of Brussels sprouts, as well as three rows of beets (my favorite). Then we have three rows of green beans, four different tomato's: better boy (the big ones), sweet 100 (cherry), early girl (I"ll get them earlier then normal) and a grape tomato. Next to that we have three zucchini and three cucumbers. Oh I almost forgot our mint. I'm very excited to partake in the goodness of my fruits. And most likely I will be showing you more of the progress of my harvest. Chat with you soon!

I loved watching Wyatt's excitement for the garden as well. However, seeing Landon getting excited for the garden was priceless. So was the hat he was wearing.
Totally off the subject, but am I the only one who has trouble uploading with blogger. Sometimes it will only lets me upload one picture at a time, like today. Other times it won't let me sign it. Or other times I can't post anything at all. Hope I'm not the only idiot out there.

9 comments:

Tanya said...

I am way impressed! I can't keep any plants alive so you have a gift that I am jealous of. =)With all those plants I think you could open your own vegetable stand.

Caroline Haring said...

SO CUTE!! The photos of Landon & Wyatt just melt my heart! You have such a sweet family.

Take Care,
Carrie Haring

Dana & Genni Bain said...

Oh Fun! We love working in the yard too. When we decide on a permanent residents I'm hoping we will have enough room to do the same...it's relaxing! :)

P.S
Yesterday I was having problems posting pictures too. I still have not completed my post yet. So No, you are not an idiot.

Heidi said...

OH so jealous. I wish it was time to plant out here in CO. We still arent sure if the snow is done or not. Looks like a beautiful sunny day in CA!

I'm flying in on Friday. Maybe we could have another play date with Amber when I come in. what do you think?

Tanya McKibben said...

I love your garden! Way to go. Hey do you have a recommendation for a camera? I want to take cool pictures while I am in Germany. I love your pictures Chels! You are so dang talented.

A new Flight Attendant, said...

I am so jealous of your garden!!! I would love to have a garden here, but I think the only thing that would survive is dirt... literally, lol.

A new Flight Attendant, said...

p.s.- love the pics of your cut that you sent me!

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous. You already have a garden! We have weeks before we can even attempt!

Jenn said...

So exciting! I LOVE gardens! I hope to start one this year too, we will see.