Thursday, April 16, 2009

just an update...

Other then being taken away by just playing the role of a mother last week, nothing new. For a few days I just "mom".

No photographer

No breadwinner

Just mom

And if felt so nice to get back to my roots.

As mentioned earlier I went to Colorado. Sadly without my husband. But other then having him without us it was great. Well, we could have gone without the blizzard we ran into on the way to the airport. But an hour of waiting on the plane at the gate before we headed to get de-iced wasn't so bad.

All in all, it was a good trip. I got to spend time with my absolute favorite sister in the whole wide world! (my only sister, but she is still the best). And I had a chance to see my new little nephew.

I also got to go sliding for the first time with my boys.





Luckily my boys didn't mind the purple boots and pink mittens. Coming from Southern California, you don't think about that kind of stuff. Nor do you have it handy.





The boys loved the snow. They could not get enough of it. At first it was funny to see Shane discover that he could the snow




But then he wouldn't stop



So he just kept on going

I never knew snow could make things look so beautiful! I loved it up there.


And I was so excited to see CJ. He was such a sweet baby.

I thought to myself....."I could totally live here. This snow thing isn't that bad. It's beautiful!"
My thoughts quickly changed when we ran into a blizzard on the way to the airport and hit black ice. All thoughts went straight to " when can I get on that plane and in to 80 degree weather in southern California". I think I will stick to visiting the snow, not living in it.

5 comments:

marisa said...

i love when you blog.

Unknown said...

sounds like you had a great time...

Lisa Webb said...

thats so funny you talked about moving to Colorado theorically, cause we are and i am super nervous! wish us luck!

Laura said...

Looks like fun. I have always wanted to go to Colorado and have thought that I could live there too. The only thing holding me up is that snow, don't know if I could survive the snow!

Heidi said...

It is a beautiful state. It is really hard being away from everyone in CA though. Glad you had a good time!