Thursday, February 19, 2009

a belated valentines post

My husband has learned a little sad truth about me. I say one thing, but completely mean something different.
I say "no you don't have to buy me that".....what I really mean is : "you don't have buy me that, but I would LIKE it".
So I say "don't buy me flowers". But what I'm thinking is that: "flowers would be really nice".

So after 5 1/2 years of marriage I got flowers for valentines day. I love my sweet heart!

(We really don't celebrate valentines day. We actually trade with me sister-n-law. They go out on a date on valentines day and we watch their kids. Then on Feb. 25th she watches our kids while we go out. Now you ask why Feb 25th? Well that is the lucky day that changed my life forever......about 9years ago. The day I meet Landon on a blind date.
So instead of fitting crowds of people, we spend it with the kids. I like it that way. And this year we had 9 KIDS this valentines. If we have 5, what is four more kids, right? And actually it was a lot fun being with them.)
So I don't have any pictures of the 9 kids I had all day, but I do have some shoots of the flowers that my love gave to me.

Flowers make great subjects. They stay put and don't move. I like this getting flower thing.....




Flower 09_001blog


Flower 09_002blog


Flower 09_003blog


Flower 09_004blog

3 comments:

aprilaleman said...

HA! It only took Wes 3 years to understand that little truth.

Please enjoy... said...

we went to eat the day before... and that surprised me too. i did not expect anything. i can live without having a "traditional valentines day". we went on a little hike that day and after helped his parents renovate one room. hehehe.
anyways, it's funny how guys don't pick up the hints... how hard is it to get??? hahaha.

Rachel Garces said...

Chelsea- I was going to shoot you an email but discovered I don't have your address. I have a huge bin of large wooden building blocks that my kids don't play with. They are awesome blocks. I got them from Lorraine Huggans before they left. And I thought I would offer them to families with boys who might like them more than my kids. So let me know if you're interested. I would love to give them to a family that will play with them. They have just been sitting in a closet taking up space I really need. Let me know. Here's my email djfiveo@yahoo.com

Rachel