Tuesday, January 20, 2009

a long time coming.....it has opened

After many years it is has finally opened it's doors to the public.
After many days (and years) of construction, it has finally opened it's doors.
After a son returning from a mission, getting married, another son entering the army, going to Iraq, that son getting married and three more grandchildren later, it has finally opened its doors. After countless Sunday dinners and family functions, it has finally opened it's doors.
After many permits after permits and wishing we could pop the heads off the people down in Chino City Hall, it has finally opened it's doors.
After countless questions of when is it going to open, it has finally opened.
After many restless nights on what to put on the menu, it has finally opened.
The Avocado House is now open for business!!!
For many who don't live in the great city of Chino, and don't know what the heck the Avocado House is, it is my mother-n-laws restaurant. Anyone and everyone who has been to a few weddings that she has catered, knows that my mother-n-law can cook. And finally today was the day that it opened for business.
So if you happen to be in Chino, stop on by and have yourself and a nice lunch. I'm sure she would enjoy your company!
For now she is open for breakfast and lunch only. She will be open for take out dinner in a few months.

9 comments:

Tanya said...

So awesome!!! Can't wait to stop by.

marisa said...

congrats to shelly and her beautiful family who all worked so hard to make this happen!

we'll be there saturday :)

Please enjoy... said...

cool. gotta go check it out!

Nora's world said...

Yea! Do they have a website with info up (hours, menu, etc)? I want to pass the info along...

Nunazuna said...

Awesome! I know a lot of people have been waiting for this! Shelly catered our wedding and it was all Chinese food and it was just perfect. Yum! Did you know that my first job was with Shelly? I never really got to work with her but she did my interview at Hogi Yogi! Tell her congrats and hi for me.

Traci Elizabeth said...

YAY!! she catered my wedding and I hear the food was awesome! Congrats to her!

The Towes said...

I wish my mom was as good with all that stuff as her sister ha ha your photography is breath taking, im trying to learn how to take those amazing kinds of pictures!!! hope all is well with you guys!!! Im not sure if Aunt shelly had told you but im getting married in April and would love for you to come and take pictures he he i have a photographer but snap shots for fun is always fun!! take care~sarah

The Towes said...

I wish my mom was as good with all that stuff as her sister ha ha your photography is breath taking, im trying to learn how to take those amazing kinds of pictures!!! hope all is well with you guys!!! Im not sure if Aunt shelly had told you but im getting married in April and would love for you to come and take pictures he he i have a photographer but snap shots for fun is always fun!! take care~sarah

Amber said...

My mom went last week and loved the sandwich she got. Im dying to go and try breakfast.