Wednesday, June 18, 2008

holy zucchini

One of the daily routines that we have is that when Landon comes home he goes out to the garden with the boys and checks out what might have grown. Just the other day I was cooking dinner and knew the boys were out there looking at the garden. I had thought to myself "they are not going to bring anything in" for I have already went out there to see if I needed to pick anything. There was nothing to my eye. Well I was mistaken and need to get my eyes checked. Look at this thing, its hugh! I'm sure that there is already the biggest zucchini in the world record. But what gets me is that I didn't see it.


DSC_0171
So this is my messy kitchen and died flowers that I need to throw away. But I also didn't see any of these cucumbers either. So this picture down below will show you the size difference of a regular cucumber next to this monster of a zucchini. Oh honey, I am making zucchini bread tonight!

DSC_0187

And now my sunflowers are finally blooming. However, they are of really weird forms of circles. They are not perfectly round. Which makes it hard to make a nice picture of them. Anyways, this is the nicest one I found. The sunflower isn't my favorite flower, but it adds a nice touch to my backyard and a feel for summer. Anyone living in California will know we are in summer right now. Wow it's been hot!


DSC_0007cool sunflowerblog

6 comments:

Please enjoy... said...

now that's what i call a zuccini!! congrats on the baby, it must feel as exciting as giving birth :) (noth that i'd know about it yet).

The Kneeland Family said...

I love the pictures and I love the sunflower I am partial to the sunflower. I just love them I think they are a happy flower. They just make you smile.

A new Flight Attendant, said...

lol, Chels- how did you miss that?!? It's almost as big as Shane!
P.S.- I want to see more pics of your messy kitchen... so I do't feel so bad, lol. I've been a slacker the past two days.

Derek and Emily said...

This makes me want to have a garden! You look great and your boys are as cute as ever. I'm coming to CA next weekend so I hope I can see you and you can meet Ethan.

Derek and Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joanna said...

Are you gonna bring me some of that zuccini bread, or is it already gone :).