Monday, June 23, 2008

the davies family

Last weekend I had the pleasure of taking the Davies family pictures. I had meet Laura about five years ago (the one on the very right with blonde hair) when I was working at an eye doctors office. You can say we had a lot of good laughs. I can't believe it's been that long ago. Well she called me up and wanted her family pictures taken.
What I love about taking peoples, and family pictures is watching them. Watching them react to each other, watching them laugh, watching them be with each other. I feel I get to be fly on the wall for a few moments. And with this family I could feel peace. I left that photo session (other then in a rush for other events that happen on a saturday) with such a nice feeling. I had such a fun time, thank you!


Davies Family055 tdw



Davies Family082 pop blog

So this picture was my favorite of the day. I love it when a picture speaks to me. And this one does. To me it says, love, laughter, trails, charity, and companionship. They just look happy! I hope that Landon I can one day have our family pictures taken with all our kids and grandchildren and be as happy as they are.

Davies Family217 yin, tdw gr blog

Ok, isn't she the cutest little blonde hair, blue eyed girl ever.

Davies Family097 yin,pop glow blog


Davies Family025 pop blog

So here is the grandparents and all the grandkids. However, what I wished I got was a picture of all the parents behind me to get the kids attention. The things we do to make children laugh.

Davies Family140 yin,tdwno blog

So after we did the whole family Laura wanted a couple a just her family. I tried really hard to focus on Laura and the kids, because as a mom (and photographer) I never have pictures of me and the kids.

Davies Family401 yin shf blog


Davies Family163yin, green blog

I love this one of Laura and her little girl

Davies Family255 shf blog

Davies Family109 yin,bmg blog

Can't go without the pictures of Dad and son.

dad & grant
Thanks again Davies Family for letting me capture your family pictures!

6 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for taking the pictures Chelsea. I just saw the CD and you got some great shots. Thanks again. Good job on the running. I don't know that I could get up at 4:30 to run

bladhfamily said...

They are one of my favorite families! Hey I did get your email. I totally want you to take our pictures, but I think that I am going to wait for Elle to be walking a little better. Maybe August sometime. I'll call or email you then. We should get the kids together in the mean time.

Blume Bunch said...

Hey chelsea, I cant find your email so thought id send you the info through here. Tanya J had an idea for all of us to meet over at prado park this monday around 1030. whoever wants to go. they supposedly have a whole "water park" set up and a huge playground etc. its $5 a car to get in. Were all just going to meet there, so spread the word if youd like - it should be really fun! also, were just bringing our own lunches for a big picnic.
-Sara

Kinsie said...

How much would you charge for a pregnancy photo shoot and new baby session packaged together? Let me know on the down-low asap! :)

Marissa said...

You take great pictures!

Violet said...

Hey Chelsea I don't know if you remember me but I found your blog through a friend of a friend of a friend. Ok so I really don't know how I got here, but I am glad I did.

You are an amazing photographer. I am hoping to learn someday. Any pointers on how to get started?